I adopt this meme from Sandy who posted her answers on Facebook. “List 10 books that have stuck with you, or made an impact on your life. Don’t overthink it.”
So here are the books off the top of my head.
1. East of Eden – John Steinbeck
2. The Master and Margarita – Mikhail Bulgakov
3. The Remains of the Day – Kazu Ishiguro
4. The Name of the Rose – Umberto Eco
5. The Pillars of Earth – Ken Follett
6. The Painted Veil – W. Somerset Maugham
7. Crossing to Safety – Wallace Stegner
8. Gentlemen and Players – Joanne Harris
9. Fingersmith – Sarah Waters
10. Dreams of the Red Chamber – Cao Xueqin
All stuck eith me because of the story and/or literary style. What are yours?